A few weeks ago, we talked about some quick ideas for serving muffins any time of the day. Here are some more ways to make quick muffin treats your family will love.
Slice and Fill Muffin Treats
Slice and fill muffins with fruit, yogurt, pudding and/or whipped cream for a great snack or quick dessert.
- Muffin Shortcakes:
- Slice (in half) chocolate chip or strawberry muffins, fill with strawberries and top with whipped cream.
- Slice (in half) blueberry muffins, fill with yogurt and top with sliced peaches for a breakfast shortcake.
- Muffin Trifles:
- Slice berry muffins, fill with instant vanilla pudding and top with whipped cream.
- Bananas Foster:
- Slice banana nut muffins and fill with sliced bananas and warm caramel sauce.
- Blueberry Almond Muffins: Stir 1/8 teaspoon almond extract into muffin batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake as directed.
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Muffins: Stir 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, pecans or walnuts into chocolate chip muffin batter. Bake as directed.
- Walnut Apple Raisin Muffins: Stir 1/3 cup raisins and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts into apple cinnamon or apple cider muffin mix. Bake as directed.
- Sweet Potato Streusel Muffins: Prepare muffin mix as directed. Spoon into muffin pan. Sprinkle with a mixture of 2 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans. Bake as directed.
By incorporating a few more ingredients, you can create delicious bakery-style muffins like the below recipes.