The lazy days of summer have arrived. The truth about summertime is that many of us may be just as busy during summer as any other time of the year. If you have free time during the summer, you probably don’t want to spend it in the kitchen. Here are a few tips for making your summer cooking a breeze.
- Planning is essential. Plan meals and make a grocery list to avoid extra trips to the grocery store.
- Grilling is a great time and energy saver. While grilling your current meal, throw on extra chicken, pork, steak and vegetables. Refrigerate or freeze the meats and vegetables to use later. They’re also delicious cold on a green salad.
- If you love cornbread with fresh vegetables in the summer, try Mexi Corn Cakes. You won’t have to heat up the oven and they’re delicious.
- Refrigerated desserts like this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie are easy to make and taste great, too. You will need the oven to make the crust, but you can make it early in the day and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Collect shortcut recipes to cut down on your time in the kitchen. Visit www.marthawhite.com for recipe ideas using a muffin or cornbread mix as in Rise and Shine Banana Berry Parfait. The kids will be glad to help. Refrigerate overnight and breakfast will be ready when you get up!
What are your favorite quick and easy summer recipes?