It is not unusual to hear someone say that Thanksgiving is their favorite holiday – and I agree. There is nothing better than a day that’s about gathering family and friends around the table to eat a delicious meal and give thanks.
What are you thankful for this year? I’m thankful for…
- My family who had roots in the Southern soil, appreciated the land and used the bounty conscientiously.
- For my mother who passed down to me the love of Southern food and cooking and so much more.
- For my father, a great story teller, who kept us entertained and laughing. And for those who continue the tradition.
- For the lessons about love and respect for others that were nurtured around the dinner table.
- For my brothers and sisters who welcomed me – a late comer – into the family.
- For a new generation – my sister’s great grandchild – to carry on family traditions.
- For good friends who are there to share in joys and sorrows.
- And I am very thankful for my wonderful husband Phil who grew up in a small West Tennessee town with a mother and grandmother who were great Southern cooks. My most enthusiastic supporter who has his own Southern stories to tell.
I would love to hear what you are thankful for this year; tell me about it in the comments section below. Happy Thanksgiving!